Rosebud is one of the largest beach-side commercial centres on the Mornington Peninsula, located between the popular destinations of Rye and Dromana.
Rosebud’s commercial centre, including the Port Phillip Plaza Shopping Centre, fronts the southern side of Point Nepean Road. Across this road and extending down to the beach foreshore are a number of attractive parks, reserves, sporting and community facilities. The Rosebud Pier is situated opposite Jetty Road and extends around 300 metres into the bay.
Like many of the seaside resorts in the area, Rosebud enjoys clean and sheltered beaches as well as camping areas on the foreshore. A number of golf courses, bowling clubs and several large sports reserves make Rosebud the sporting capital of the Mornington Peninsula.
2018 MEDIAN HOUSE PRICE – $560,000 approx (source: Corelogic)
- The size of Rosebud is approximately 16.4 square kilometres.
- It has 24 parks covering nearly 12.9% of total area.
- The population of Rosebud in 2011 was 12,501 people.
- By 2016 the population was 13,188 showing a population growth of 5.5% in the area during that time.
- The predominant age group in Rosebud is 60-69 years.
- Households in Rosebud are primarily childless couples.
- In general, people in Rosebud work in a trades occupation.
- In 2011, 68.9% of the homes in Rosebud were owner-occupied compared with 67.9% in 2016.